War on graffiti.
Communities around the world continue to contend with the issue of how to deal with graffiti. There is the vandalism aspect and the freedom of expression arguement. How do you deal with vandalism? Does an owner have the right to put-up their idea of art on their own property? Do we need to give more public spaces for people to express themselves? The CIty of Toronto has put forward what many consider the most progressive graffiti management plan in the world. In this thought leadership series we will hear from a city councillor, artists and business.
Created and produced by Stefanos Lialias.
- David Grosfield, Host
- John Kiru, Executive Director, Toronto Association of Business Improvement Areas
- Kristyn Wong-Tam, Councillor, City of Toronto, Ward 27 Toronto Centre-Rosedale
- Gary Taxali, Award winning illustrator who wants more public spaces for art.
Date: Tuesday, April 16th
- Doors Open: 5:30pm ‘Free’ first-come, first-served.
- Speakers: 6:30pm – 7:00pm (’3′ speakers presenting for ’6′ minutes each.)
- Panel Discussion: 7:00pm – 8:00pm